2012 ... it's started. I got out of the house to watch some football (Packers win again), eat fried food, drink a couple Blue Moons, and chat w/ and old friend. The topic du jour was dating. Specifically, her dating life since her divorce, experience on dating web sites, who she's been meeting, etc... I came home somewhat invigorated and motivated to may try getting out there again, dating-wise. Of course, an hour or so later looking around on the only site I've been on in years and a giant "meh" comes out of my mouth. Some of the guys I've talked to from the site years ago... still on there. Some I really liked who are too far away - still on there. Some I would like to avoid... you guessed it! Still on there. And of course, the first contact made with me were from "MrWonderful" who was my age but had a mustache that made him look 60 (even though he said he was physically attractive... yeah, I didn't see it), and from a 30 year old hottie who has the word "Naughty" in his screen name and thinks from my photos that I'm "gorgeous." Yeah... I know. What do I expect after 1 day, 1 hour? Like she said, "It's a numbers game... you just gotta put yourself out there and meet as many people as you can." But I told her, I would love for something to happen for me organically rather than forcing the dating issue on a web site. I'd like to test the waters of a friendship to see if there's something more. However, I feel very out of practice, so perhaps I should start with being a little more social with girl friends and hone in on my chatting skills so I don't talk some guys ear off if I ever go out (may end up doing that anyway)! And maybe I'll start with meeting up with some long known photography folks, too.
Toward the end of the game, though, my neck started to bother me, which means going home and putting it on ice. Which I did. And I took a nap. A long nap. I woke up refreshed, which is rare. Maybe I don't hate all naps.
So... So many plans to turn things around this year, I look at people's NY Lists. I saw that musician <3 Joseph Arthur posted this: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/f30dme and I was going to share it on Facebook but couldn't handle it being overlooked! I wanted to keep it as my own treasure. If my FB pals didn't want to Like Joseph Arthur on facebook, their loss. How fucking silly, right?? :D I especially liked 39) retire without hesitation the things that are no good, 40) accept yourself with love. I'll try, Joseph. I really will.
Tomorrow off work. I will clean. I desperately need to do laundry. And dishes. And vacuum. And get my kids to do some work for school. It's 1:15 a.m. I suppose I'd better get some sleep.
I wish I could control my dreams...